Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blog 16

My favorite meal of the day has always been breakfast. The smell of coffee in the morning gets my day going, but as usual I am always running in the morning and never get a chance to have breakfast. So I decide to bake muffin first they only take about 35 minutes to prep and bake, second they are easy grab and go food and lastly my girlfriend Sara was willing to help me in my project.
I bought my items at a 24hr supermarket in Queens blvd right before the train station turn in to Roosevelt.It didn't have a wide selection of organic food selection but it had enough for what I was looking for. The total cost for my items was $45 a little bit on the expensive side but now I have muffins for a whole month.

Serving for 12
Ingredients








1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1/4 vegetable oil
1 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups blueberries







Before starting to mix your ingredients preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 6 -cup muffin pan. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Then in a large bowl, stir together the milk, oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture until combined. Do not over mix. Genttly fold in the blueberries. Finally divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove to the rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment